With a huge amount of information around the internet about gus communication device’s it can be hard to find the top and most truthful information. here is a piece of writing from a reputable site that i believe to be veritable, do not quote me on it but please read and enjoy
“With the old way, housekeeping would call the front desk, or the front desk would get a call from a guest. They would use a cell phone to call the right person and it might take ten minutes to reach them. With MOTOTRBO, the process is rolling within 30 seconds. A couple of minutes can make all the difference in the world to the guest waiting for someone to show up and fix the problem.”
– Steve McGuire, Director of Engineering, JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort and Spa
Integrated data capability can significantly increase staff efficiency and guest satisfaction
Integrated voice and data capability, as well as the operating software of the walkie talkies which enables easy integration of customized workforce applications, further increases staff productivity.
• Customer Relationship Management: If housekeeping needs a repair in one of the guest rooms, they can now radio engineering to report the problem. MOTOTRBO’s data capability allows the engineering supervisor to use the Guestware application to open a ticket and assign it to a staff member who verifies receipt. The application directs the flow of activity by monitoring the open ticket, enabling the supervisor to ensure the job is finished within the required time. When the repair is completed, the employee uses the radio to close out the ticket which documents the activity from start to finish. Supervisors can assign accountability and ensure that the problem is taken care of in a timely manner. “With the
old way, housekeeping would call the front desk or the front desk would get a call from a guest,” says McGuire. “They would use a cell phone to call the right person and it might take ten minutes to reach them. With MOTOTRBO, the process
is rolling within 30 seconds. A couple of minutes can make all the difference in the world to the guest waiting for someone to show up and fix the problem.”
• Telephone-to-radio interface: Hotel management and key employees working on-site or remotely can use mobile or landline phones to place a call that goes direct to the MOTOTRBO radio users on the resort property. Leveraging the Teldio RBX application enables third party convention services to contact radio users directly through cell or landline to meet guest needs, speeding response through immediate contact.
• Email messaging: MOTOTRBO radios can accommodate custom data applications that adapt the radios to specific business needs. With a third party application, the resort’s MOTOTRBO radios can convert email messages to text. For example, touch screens installed at the door of each conference or meeting room allow guests to request refreshments, initiate a room temperature request or other need. A text message is then sent via MOTOTRBO to the Convention Services staff, along with the location from which it originated.
• Text messaging: Text messaging enables discreet communications, allowing employees to receive and respond to requests from
the front desk without disturbing guests. In addition, security staff can send a discreet pre-programmed security text message indicating “incident in progress” to every security radio on the property.
Emergency alarm and staff collaboration enhances guest safety and security
The radios are also equipped with an emergency button that sends an audible alarm to all security radios and activates the microphone to transmit ambient noise, conversation and activity at the scene to the security radios. In addition, the MOTOTRBO Capacity Plus software enables an emergency or broadcast channel which allows collaboration between the hotel staff and security. During opening week two guests suffered medical emergencies. Hotel personnel sent out an alert and within minutes, medical and security
staff were at the scene.
Dramatic cost savings and rapid return on investment
Currently the hotel chain uses push-to-talk cellular technology in their hotels around the world. Depending on the number of phones, service fees can reach thousands of dollars per month or more. Because the new resort has replaced their cell phones with MOTOTRBO, which is a private digital two-way radio system, they save $14,000 a month. Even when factoring in maintenance and other operational expenses, the hotel estimates that over a five-year period, they will net around $500K in savings when compared to cellular
and push-to-talk subscriber services. “We ran the numbers for them and calculated that they will achieve a complete return on investment within about 18 months,” says Sherman. Because of the dramatic cost savings and rapid ROI, the hotel chain is considering MOTOTRBO radios for their other properties.
With its new flagship property, the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort and Spa is proving that the right technology can significantly increase efficiency, reduce cost and keep its guests satisfied and coming back. With uninterrupted coverage throughout the hotel and grounds, enhanced features, increased capacity, crystal clear audio, and integrated data applications, the MOTOTRBO digital two-way radios help hotel staff throughout the resort maintain the gold standard of flawless guest service.